Tuesday 28 April 2009

My first knitting project

One of my Easter holiday objectives was to teach myself to knit.  I have been struggling with my first project, a chunky scarf, ever since.  I finished it last night.  Although not perfect it has taught me some basic knitting skills: the knit stitch, casting on and off. The scarf has a certain home-made, Thora Hird charm.  And I have enjoyed doing it, there is something soothing about the rhythmic clickity clack of the needles and the gentle unravelling of the yarn.

Here is the completed article, stylishly modeled by Hetty. Friends beware! You can kiss those Molton Brown box sets goodbye!  Your Christmas presents will never be the same again!

My next project?  Well, I am not sure I'm quite up to crocheted toilet-roll holders, angora Macbook covers or lurcher snoods just yet.  I am doing another scarf. . . . this time with stripes and different stitches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment