Tuesday 21 April 2009

Hetty Update

Hetty has been with me just 3 days now and I have come to the conclusion she truly is an angel.  She is the most gentle, loving and peaceful dog I have ever met.  She makes me very happy.  

The RSPCA lady who arranged everything calls constantly for Hetty updates, and even drops in with presents of brocade collars and bowls of chicken and rice for the once-neglected, now pampered pooch.  Last night she came over all Oprah.  She declared,

'You know Miss Underscore, I firmly believe God doesn't give you what you want, he gives you what you need. You two are made for each other.'

Now, you know how I loathe all that 'everything happens for a reason' bullshit.  But, I quite liked that line about God.  I wanted a swarthy rogue.  I needed an anorexic lurcher.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment