Wednesday 9 September 2009

Nigel Slater. . .. one third my ideal man!


* Nick Cave for his dark, brooding, passionate nature and his vampiric pimp style.

* Walter Matthau for his laconic humour and hangdog face.

* Nigel for his food.

Nigel is the only feathery stroker who will ever make the 'Miss Underscore's passion list. I admit, it is hardly as life-altering as appearing on Schindler's list, but never mind. (Actually, the elevator in the School of Hard Knocks is made by Schindler. It always makes me smile to think that I am traveling in Schindler's lift!)

Anyway, shortly, on BBC1, Nigel Slater will be starting a new TV series. Now, I love food, I love cooking, I love buying food, I try to grow my own food and I love, love, love thinking about food. No one captures the sheer earthy, sensual pleasure of food like Nigel Slater. I adore his style of writing, but I love his approach to cooking even more. He has such an unfussy and informal approach to recipes.

I am thrilled at the prospect of a new book from him, unfortunately I can't afford to buy it! So, I shall savour his 'Simple Suppers' series instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment